KMS Designs sustainable jewelry making practices
Katherine Swift understands the importance of protecting the environment for our future generations. She has taken steps in the creation of this new line of jewelry to reduce, reuse, and recycle whenever possible.
- Environmentally friendly chemicals and chemical alternatives are used whenever possible.
- Waste chemicals are contained and properly disposed through environmentally sound methods or are deposited at commercial hazardous waste collection centers for proper disposal
- Encouraging patrons and fans to sign up for email notices instead of receiving postal mail communication in order to cut down on paper usage
- As non-sustainable supplies are depleted, they are replaced with more environmentally friendly replacements
- Shipping boxes and packing materials in good shape are reused to ship purchases to customers and retailers
- Household plastic containers are reused in the mold making process instead of purchasing new metal and plastic containers
- Plastic food containers are used, instead of new plastic storage containers, are used to store and transport materials used in jewelry making
- Waste metals are captured and recycled through a metal refinery.
- Found materials such as glass shards, bottle caps, photographs, and vintage papers are collected from antique shops, art studios, and second hand stores are used.